Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Beautiful orchids

The Muttart Conservatory has a beautiful feature display of orchids running until October 23rd.  We thought it would be a great opportunity for some much needed 'Mommy-Daugther' time.  It was great to spend a number of hours walking around the pyramids and taking pictures.  We also took some time to stop for lunch at the new restaurant - or at least new to me.  I haven't taken the opportunity to visit since they've completed the renovations, I am delighted with the changes.  The lunch menu seemed a bit odd but it was absolutely delicious!!  Anika chose the beef with smoked cheddar sauce on a Portuguese bun (with curried zucchini soup) while I had the salmon pate and egg salad on sweet potato bread (with a salad).  The restaurant focuses on purchasing organic, locally grown or processed supplies.  I'd like to know where they purchased the smoked salmon as I haven't had any that tasted that good since I was in Norway!

Wonderful way to spend a warm and sunny holiday!
  

No comments: