Saturday, September 06, 2008

Another milestone

It's actually happened, and although I worked my ass off, I didn't end up having to do it all - bonus! :)!!!! I finally made the trek to the garage and started cleaning last night. Sounds like it's quite the distance doesn't it, however it was more of a mental trek than physical distance. I began moving everything that wasn't mine toward the large door and then continued until most was moved out of my way. This morning I began by taking old cans of paint and other assorted bottles, cans and containers of known and unknown origin and piling them outside... these eventually made their way to the Eco Station to be disposed of properly. I then began to dig through the attic, what an adventure that was - yes, I'm being a bit sarcastic, but some of the finds were rather interesting. The pile of things 'not belonging to me' grew and grew, finally filling up half the garage! Unfortunately the pile of my stuff also grew, not too much, more than I wanted though! I then made the phone call to the owner of the increasing pile of 'not belonging to me' and gave him the ultimatum, pick it up today or it will be gone tomorrow morning. I realized yesterday that this was the last weekend to dispose of a lot of junk free, so if it wasn't now, I would have another longgggggggg winter of all this crap around. I saw numerous promises of prompt removal come and go, so I made the decision to get rid of it myself. Amazing how quickly some people will move when they realize you're not kidding, and will no longer take no for an answer. I now am the proud owner of a clean garage! Thanks to my parents, I've had a very productive summer! My house is looking pretty darn nice right now! I can't believe how much needed to be done around here!

I had the opportunity to complete a couple of research updates last week, usually your supervisor does this, but I thought I would jump in and give it a try. It really helped me focus on my research, what it's all about and how to organize it all. No major revisions were needed, which was a real boost to my writing ego! :)

Time to relax after a very busy, productive week! I might actually take a couple of hours off tomorrow.....probably not, but it was a nice thought while it lasted! ;)

No comments: