Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Well, not working quite the way I wanted...

Another reminder why a renovation takes longer than expected!! ;)  Painting old cupboard doors is fine however it can be a problem if they're stained.  Stained with what, no idea just assuming it's oil/grease. 

Two coats of a stain-blocking primer and a coat of paint - the stains are still coming through.   I didn't think it would be such an issue here as the stains didn't look bad.  I'm glad I started on the inside of the doors, prepares me for the problems that may occur on the door fronts.  The stain block did work on another very stained section of the cupboard but it took three or four coats of primer so I will try following the same process if there's a problem on the door fronts.  I'm really getting excited to see how this will look when these doors are back up again.  Same cycle each time; this is taking so long (dragging my feet), excitement grows when I decide to suck it up and get started on the next phase, exhaustion sets in when things feel like they're dragging on, and finally the excitement returns when I can visualize the end of the phase I'm working on (and of course things begin to move quicker when this hits).  Birthday party this weekend so the pressure is on!  Little steps each day and it's done before I know it....

No comments: